10 Tips for Daily Weight Loss
- Posted on: Apr 8 2016
The weight loss journey can be tough! You have parties with decadent treats to attend, midnight cravings, and favorite foods that are less than healthy for you. But there are ways to enjoy your food experiences without the guilt. Incorporate a few good healthy eating and exercise habits into your daily routine so that you can indulge every so often and still lose weight.
Here are our top ten tips to make healthy choices… most of the time:
- Eat fibrous foods – Foods that are filled with fiber make your body work harder to digest them, hence burning more calories. Plus, they’ll keep you full longer.
- Season food bottoms – This tip seems odd… but it works! If you’re eating a piece of toast or potato wedges, spread the butter and sprinkle the salt on the bottom so that the seasoning hits your tongue first. You’ll be more satisfied if the taste lingers in your mouth longer.
- Eat slowly – The slower you eat, the more likely you’ll be to notice when you’re getting full. If you eat your food too quickly, you won’t realize when you’ve overeaten.
- Stop eating before feeling full – You may feel unsatisfied at first, but it takes your stomach a while to realize that it’s full. Give your body a chance to tell you that you don’t need to eat any more food to feel full.
- Drink smaller glasses – A serving of alcohol is smaller than you think! And it’s full of calories than you don’t necessarily need. Be aware of serving sizes and reduce your intake.
- No midnight snacking – Chances are that you’re just bored, not hungry, if you search through your refrigerator late at night. Find something to do instead.
- Mix up your workout – Your body likes to be surprised! If you work out regularly, or even just once in a while, try a bunch of different exercises. You’ll be more entertained, too.
- Incorporate fun exercise – Who says that you need to go to the gym to exercise? Do whatever you want to as long as it gets your blood pumping. Dance around the house while you’re doing chores, swim with your kids at the pool, or throw a Frisbee with your dog at the park.
- Wear tighter cloths – This tip might seem counterintuitive, but there’s no better way to remember to eat healthy at a party than to wear the formfitting dress you want to look great in.
- Carry a clutch – If you’re going to an event where you’ll likely be standing the whole time, a clutch will help keep you from snacking on greasy or cheesy appetizers, assuming you keep a drink in the other hand.